- Mature Themes and Scenes
- refers to the existence of themes and content that is not suitable for younger audiences, i.e. those under the age of 18.
- Chat Environment
- refers to the website, forums, Email system, and java chat platform associated with Legendary Deeds. It does not refer to externally-created webpages or websites that may have some reference to Legendary Deed’s content or material.
- We and us
- refers to the Storytellers, Administrators, and Storyteller Council who work and volunteer on Legendary Deeds.
- refers to you, the player and players that participate in Legendary Deeds.
- refers to protection or security against loss.
These Terms of Service, along with any and all posted policies for Legendary Deeds, extend to the entire chat environment. In choosing to participate in the chat environment in any way (participating in the chat, submission of characters and/or character backgrounds/histories, submission of storylines or other ideas, posting to the forums or on the java chat platform, etc) you agree that you have read and understood these policies, and that your presence here is contingent upon abiding by them.
Any and all policies of Legendary Deeds may be changed at any time without warning or notice. You agree that the most current version of all chat policies are the ones by which you are bound. We will announce when changes are made, but it is not our responsibility to ensure that you are kept up-to-date with these policies; rather, it is your responsibility to check our policies on a periodic basis to ensure that you are aware of any changes.
Legendary Deeds is based on the creations of White Wolf; we claim no ownership of any of White Wolf’s copywritten materials and make use of them in strict accordance with the guidelines presented under the Fair Use Act (http://www.copyright.gov/title17/92chap1.html#107).
Legendary Deeds may stray from the White Wolf rules and settings as written in the telling of our stories. This is to allow for individuality, innovation, and creativity in our venues. We are not in any way committed to using anything and everything published for their properties.
The games on Legendary Deeds are set in several cities. We claim no authenticity in our representation of existing locations, and have often take liberal and artistic license with various landmarks, legends and histories in order to create the fictional setting we use for the chat environment. Any resemblance to actual people is coincidental.
Mature Themes and Content
Legendary Deeds is a chat in which mature scenes and storylines may be run, including adult themes such as violence and sexuality. If you are under the age of 18, you are not permitted to play at Legendary Deeds. If you are not comfortable with adult content, inform an ST before a scene begins, but be aware that the ST has no obligation to change the content they've prepared; they will simply warn you if the scene will contain something to which you object. If you object to a scene with other players, or a player-run scene, you may ask that the scene be toned down, but if an agreement cannot be reached, it is your responsibility to leave a scene that makes you uncomfortable. If you are acting in good faith, there will be no repercussions for doing so.
Use of Submitted Material
By submitting any material to Legendary Deeds, you agree that we have the right to electronically store, copy, retrieve, alter, manipulate and use in any way necessary to maintain the storylines, plot continuity and operation of Legendary Deeds. If you choose to leave Legendary Deeds abruptly (for whatever reason) or are banned, we reserve the right to use your characters in any way we deem necessary to bring any storylines they are involved in to a close, including the death of said characters.
Deletion of Submitted Material
Material you submit to Legendary Deeds may be removed or deleted from Legendary Deed's chat environment at any time if it is deemed offensive. Deciding what is or is not offensive is at the discretion of the Administrators what may be acceptable IC may not be acceptable OOC. The following is an incomplete list of activities that could result in removal or deletion of your material:
- Hate language, including racial, religious, sexual or gender slurs or epithets
- Discussion of OOC illegal activities, including downloading or offering pirated material, illicit drug use, rape or any other criminal activity
- Personal or sexual harassment, or remarks which are calculated to antagonize others
- Excessive profanity or vulgar language
- Posting links to websites which are offensive or which are designed to obtain personal and/or private information from someone
- Posting personal information either yours or someone else’s
- Posting sexually explicit language in public and/or OOC rooms or forums
- Solicitation of a minor or child pornography in IC or OOC rooms or forums
- Any photos that are uploaded onto the wiki that are nude/mostly nude photos
- Any action designed to hack into, shut down or otherwise cause a problem with the chat environment
- Any other action that we deem to be offensive, dangerous or disruptive
You hereby agree to release and hold us harmless from any liability for anything that may be submitted, posted or said anywhere on the chat environment of Legendary Deeds, or for any situation which may arise in conjunction with Legendary Deeds, except as prohibited by law. You also agree that you are liable for anything you submit to Legendary Deeds and for any situations which may arise due to your own actions.
In addition, you understand that we are neither responsible nor liable for the accuracy of any externally-created content or materials which may refer to Legendary Deeds and the chat environment. This includes, but is not limited to, player-created webpages and/or websites.